Smoothies are an excellent way to provide the body with an exceptional amount of nutrients before and after training sessions or any type of intense physical activity. Here at Fluid, we have found that just simple, whole foods are the best as they are natural fuel that your body can easily convert into energy. Here are some of our favorite flavors:
|MANGO GREEN REFRESHER
|VANILLA BLUEBERRY PROTEIN
|MEXICAN CHOCOLATE RECOVERY
Keeping pre-workout smoothies simple and high in protein is a good way to ensure that the body can easily break down these whole foods and utilize their nutrients throughout your entire workout. We like the Vanilla Blueberry Protein for a pre-workout pick-me-up. Topping your smoothie with a little bit of homemade granola (stay tuned for an awesome homemade granola recipe) is a great way to add some carbs and protein to your pre-workout meal. Another option is to pair your smoothies with a piece of toast. Dave’s Killer Bread is something of the heavens with their wide selection of wheat, whole grain, and seeded breads!
We try to incorporate more food groups and vitamins in post-workout smoothies to restore the body after intense exertion. Adding cinnamon along with Fluid Recovery creates an awesome Mexican Chocolate themed drink. Coconut water is an great restorative drink that will replace a lot of the electrolytes lost during your workout. Fluid Recovery has been formulated to aid in energy restoration, muscle repair, reduce pain and cramping, and provide immune system support to maximize your recovery.
These delicious drinks can be enjoyed at any time of day for a quick pick-me-up or source of rejuvenation, and the possibilities are absolutely endless. Here are few ingredients we like to have around so we can mix and match and always experience new flavors, as well as some general guidelines we use to make any smoothie!
- Greens: especially Tuscan Kale!
- Protein: we love hemp and rice protein powders!
- Frozen mangos and strawberries
- Raw nut butter
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Fresh milk or coconut water
- Cinnamon or any of your favorite spices
- Vanilla bean powder or extract
- Coconut oil
- ~1/2 cup frozen fruit (must have something frozen to get that delectable smoothie thickness)
- 1 Banana or ~1/2 an avocado for something creamy
- 1 tbsp your favorite nut butter
- ~1¼ cup liquid: Cow’s milk or nut milk for a vegan option
- A few nutritious add-ins to make the ultimate smoothie!