Fluid sponsored athlete Melissa sent us a delicious post-workout pancake recipe that we feel needs to be shared with the world! It combines Fluid Recovery Chocolate Wave with a tasty looking breakfast creation!
“Experimenting in the kitchen with Fluid
I’d recommend using a well-greased skillet to keep the pancakes from falling apart. Other than that, they turned out great! Happy Friday!”
About the Author: Melissa Danehey is an ultra-marathoner who lives and trains on the trails in Central Coast, California. Her ‘no-quit’ attitude has earned her 13 ultra marathon finishes, including 8 in the Top 3. Check out her Blog!
Chocolate Wave Pancakes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 scoops Fluid Recovery Chocolate Wave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Heat skillet over medium heat while you prepare pancake mix.
- To prepare the mix, mash the banana well. Then, add eggs, baking powder, Fluid Recovery, and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add 2-3 tablespoons of pancake mixture to skillet (use a well-greased metal ring if you have it). Cook until bottom appears set (about 60 seconds), flip, and cook an additional minute or however long needed.
- Enjoy pancakes with your favorite toppings: almond butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, greek yogurt, etc.